Re: reality and all that (was some meaningless digest number or other)

From: conanbaldhead <sinherit_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 08:22:01 -0000

Very true. If you deviate too far from physical reality your players won't think you inspired; they'll think you're a freaking idiot! The other thing to remember is that many RPGers tend to be more conservative than they know and continue to play the games they first imprinted on. You'd be surprised at the number of players I had who would try to play D&D without knowing it when I was first running Superhero 2040 or the people who would try to play Top Secret or Traveler without knowing it when I was trying to GM them through Call of Cthulhu. So deviating too sharply from Earth-normal until they've played enough to become interested in whatever gameworld you're walking them through is only asking for trouble.