Re: play by mail,E-mail games.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 13:09:19 +0100 (BST)

 I have been running a PBEM for getting on for 10 years and I

> know Jane has been running her game for 5 or 6 years at least.

I took over as GM in 2005, it's been running since 2002 at least. Started with the party having just left Whitewall, and now we're heading back there.

I'd suggest non-crunchy/narrative rules, as otherwise turnaround is far too slow, and one combat can take months of real-time. Two to maybe six players. Running it through a Yahoo group or similar, with a Wiki to store chronicles so you can easily check what's happened without wading through pages of messsages.

If you'd like to lurk in mine and see how it works, the wiki is here http://jane-williams.me.uk/glorantha/swords/wikka/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

and the Yahoo group is here
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/SwordsDeath/

Rules are HQ-lite. Most GMs are probably a lot stricter than I am about "controlling" players. I don't have munchkinism to worry about, so can let them have much looser rein.