Re: Out of the darkness, a new dawn?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_mqur5gb_r2RuC6YytjXt9h5GvhDzRCZaAua6xYA08NU-8Lcvwoup-3ozQve4hcR1o3EW>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:06:17 -0000

> I've thought about a game where you went around as an Awakener,
> reviving the gods lost to people during the Great Darkness.
>
> I'd have to reread Genesis 1-11, but I think Gilgamesh is more like a
> pre-Dawn game (Gilgamesh was after all 2/3 divine, and that sounds
> more like the days when it was harder to distinguish between heroes
> and demigods). As for pre-Dawn, I ran a scenario:
> <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/oroninela.html> is the
> setting.

I think a Dawn Awakeners game would be great fun. Then again, so would playing a band of desperate survivors of the Great Darkness who are contacted by the Theyalan Missionaries. Do you embrace Orlanth and the Lightbringers and learn the magic they offer - and use it for some purpose totally unexpected to the Theyalans? Or reject it and get hunted down by ancient enemies? And so on. It would be a blast.

Jeff