Re: Out of the darkness, a new dawn?

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_fkANSP9vNDA9fut4HtIB-9lT0nHrdlRrXr5oAXmMT5JDc41-85zGeM__qqhu6VdRXOP>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:57:16 -0000

As I understand it, only something like 1% of the pre-dawn population survived the Great Darkness to see the dawn, at least in Central Genertela. I think a great scenario could take place a few generations after the dawn, were the current generation has begun to doubt the "first-hand" accounts of the generation that has largely died out since the dawn. Perhaps they are faced with a crisis from the Great Darkness that has returned, and they have to scramble to relearn and re-use almost forgotten skills and powers to fight off their enemies. Perhaps they have to quest back into the Great Darkness and return with something, and that quest greatly changes their understanding of what happened to a forgotten generation, a generation they almost dismissed for telling tall tales of unreal horror. It could be something akin to a peaceful people going back and experiencing the trenches of the First World War first hand.

Just an idea.
Rick