Re: When I was playing back in 79 and 80 and the game stopped putting

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_dbbDi7oQHwrS73KvVmrZyX37GVeUNMsRGolUoBcMk40oVTwr_Q5zAz8zXWLkyH35BJDd1u7>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 07:18:35 -0800

YGWV Quoting Kevin Johnston <runemaster93711_at_Au1DZ6nGtAWZF0h2DNuXJyeZYY_cGD9G9nXTgLrBo_2tvIk4eA9fCBugUhiuVbyuhXD8xYFB8r9gGMr8WhzXQyRw40Q.yahoo.invalid>:

> OK thanks for letting me know. Still don't understand how you would
> let the best game system ever be destroyed by Avalon Hill. RQ2
> ruled.

I want to repeat what David said. Please look at the credits of RQ3 to see who "ruined" the game.

AH did a lot of bad and stupid stuff, and made us dance an awful dance. There are some funny stories of their ineptness, much of which we carried out. It was a great learning experience, and as a result I've since then killed a number of deals when the other party tried the same kind of monkey shit that AH pulled.

While it is true that AH wanted their edition of RQ to be generic, I won't blame them for stuff they didn't do.

The game of RQ3 was designed by us, as a result of our in-house campaign and its limitless variants. Be glad we didn't use the skill list of 150 skills that we experimented with for a while! (Imagine trying to differentiate between See, Look, Scan, Scrutenize, Study, etc.!)

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford