Re: Greg: That's not an answer

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at__JlPXIX1O9oFTYDxZqCvWS5s1x-hoDFrtjUApj-dHm0MTz6qNPCwfhHZ_jRkVgpR9fQ>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:01:33 -0000

"pentallion" <pentallion_at_...> wrote:

> The answer may be anticlimatic after all these years and all the
> hype surrounding it, but I still wish to know. Fact is, if I
could
> say there's one thing I don't like about RQ it's all the
unfinished
> business surrounding it. All the stuff that strikes right to the
> heart of the mysticism the entire game is built upon that is left
> unsaid by the designers. The GLS is symbolic of this IMO. You
all
> sit around like Cheshire cats with smug smiles and "WE'LL never
> tell.". Well frankly, that gets old after about 25 years. As a
> loyal customer it makes me say, "screw it, you guys are just BS.
> You don't know yourselves what half this crap is." Sorry, but
> that's the kind of conclusion most people I've played the game
> with...your customers...tend to draw from all this kind of
behaviour.

> So I ask you again, before I get much older and just don't give a
> damn, what IS the God Learner's Secret?

I'm pretty sure I said what THE GL SECRET is in my last post: The godlearners messed with the cosmos so much that the comos went back to the way it was before they had messed with it, destroying the godlearners in the process.

I got this answer after taking Greg to task. I politely said that, as the publisher of Heroquest, I should know. He told me I would be disappointed that there wasn't something more profoundly clever and brilliant about it. He also said this secret was already in print in the Mongoose 2nd age book. I haven't specifically checked that.

That's it,
Rick