Second Age coins

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_qszkkvTDFUuUbu5i4OTar0m7eJ3p6F_ZaZZ8b1vwFVDJ6CEAEcVqp-QPnYRDMOAuBZB>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:06:41 -0500

I am running a game set in the Second Age (the game system is irrelevant to this discussion) and am thinking about coins. I seem to recall that the silver coin was introduced to Peloria by the Lunars. Prior to that, the gold "Wheel" was the only coin in use. Is this true? What about the copper coin? Where and when did that come from?

So far in my game, I have priced everything based on divisions of the Wheel = W, hW, qW, "pieces of eight", etc. It seems possible that the Dara Happans would divided Wheels into tenths, but that isn't nearly as easy to do as simply cutting the things in half.

~Kevin McD