Re: Deep *AND* Mature Glorantha WAS: The God Learner's Secret?

From: argant1800 <argant1800_at_Axv06MYrdOqaEgOLqCWZrIya4H1yz3kxtpKuK6em8Aw_H4vt5VQJHLLXJsB2yhk6O>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:15:14 -0000

Yes, but it has become customs even if you aren't Christian and/or condemned. There are also thing we don't say in a boat (can't remember which word) and the saying to to kill an albatros brings bad luck too.
These superstitions, though having their sources in natural event and history, have taken a supernatural meaning. This is approximately what mythology is all about.
It influences so much people that it has much effect on their psychology. I don't thing the latter is all about sex and relationship between father/daughter, mother/son, etc.. but that most people are influenced by myth without knowing it because we lives with these habits and customs (I wouldn't be surprised if there were a reason why we eat with fork on the left and knife on the right).

This is like the Yeti story. It has probably existed as a picanthroid (spelling?) and was reported orally to become an animal of legend while it could have been just an tall ape. This means that from an original story you include now myth, legend and fantasy. A bit like the Greek myth and especially the Troyan war. There were (super)heroes, sons of the gods, which could have been ridiculous during all this centuries until a German archeologist discovered that Troy really existed and that there had been indeed a war (in fact several).