Re: Great secrets II : Syndic's ban

From: Roger <r.f.mccarthy_at_ig69xmybwpWtpljSiQj-Ra1xErOCcr5xPYCS3CiyceYmdQQeblRpox63Zdwp1q->
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:25:46 +0000

>SNODAL killed the GOD OF SILVER FEET with the
>SPEAR OF DESTINY in the BLACK FOREST.

Interesting - can't remember the weapon or location (Gloranthan Cluedo anyone?) being referred to before.

So given that the KoW eventually burst out of what used to be the Black Forest (which I seem to remember was a Troll enclave - what does the Second Age book say about this?) could one posit some connection between the God of the Silver Feet and Lord Death on a Horse?

While the GotSF was the God (Essence?) of communication, LDoH is a master of war (which in a sense is the opposite of communication) but also has remarkable powers to wield together usually opposed elements into a cohesive whole (which IS a communication function) - so could LDoaH be some sort of inverted revenant of the GotSF?

The spear and the black forest/troll connection also makes me think of Argan Argar and whether he left any other offspring around apart from the Only Old One (in which case Snodal was possibly following in the soggy footsteps of Belintar - although he produces a very different effect)