Re: Great secrets II : Syndic's ban

From: Boris yarko <babeldemeter3_at_j8uuVMF3kbkGylK_SFirNcFT17VYI4rdYUH3IIvKfEP6a_Fy_s2gRbre5MzRyU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:38:54 -0000

> > While the GotSF was the God (Essence?) of communication, LDoH is a
> > master of war (which in a sense is the opposite of communication)
> > but also has remarkable powers to wield together usually opposed
> > elements into a cohesive whole (which IS a communication function)
> > - so could LDoaH be some sort of inverted revenant of the GotSF?

> Interesting idea! We've seen in other sources that gods and heroes
> often end up dividing into multiple pieces when "killed" and that to
> kill them permanently tends to require getting rid of all those
> pieces. Could LDoaH be the holder of a piece of the 'soul' of the
> god of silver feet?

> Hmmm, I'm sure that at least one Fronelan philosopher has suggested
> that each isolated piece of Fronela actually contained one piece of
> the soul. Probably not true, but so long as people believe it, does
> it matter if its true?
>
> Regards;
>
> -Bryan

In my own fronelian campaign (because I had to answer all theses questions in my own twisted way), under each fronelian political entity lies a piece of the God of Silver Feet.

Each missing part of the GoSF is influencing the land in a different way : _ his brain is under Sog and increases the learning, magical and philosophical capacities of its inhabitants ; _ his spinal column increases the unity of Loskalm ; _ his tongue is under the city of Perfe (which inhabitants in my own Glorantha have the ability to speak all langages) _ his eyes under Southbank (which inhabitants in MoG are masters in etiquette, perfomance...)
_ his lungs under the storm tribes of Oranor _ his everbleeding and everpierced heart in the Black Forest (the pain caused to this everdying god by the spear of destiny piercing his heart is the source of the warlike madness of the Kingdom of War) _etc.

And Snodal (in my point of view) is Lord Death on a Horse, his soul cursed for ever by his evil murder.

All these theories are totally unofficial...

But I wonder : is there official information about :

1) the origine of the God of Silver Feet ?
2) the ritual performed to kill him ?
3) the Black Forest ?
4) the Spear of Destiny ?

Regards

Boris, the french god-learner's apprentice

PS : I thank Peter for his answers