RE: Is magic supposed to be so difficult?

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_GgcPd9Qmajh6wv0QphT7zKLdCa7PZs5NLmulasiHR945SwENnFe298iqXwCNcPHuhbod>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:39:10 -0200

> In HeroQuest magic, at least the theist variety, costs more heropoints
> to develop than other skills. My question is, does this reflect
> Gloranthan reality, or is it some sort of game balance artefact.

Feats actually cost less if you plan on raising more than three. I.e. 3HP gets you a raise in an affinity which may have >3 feats in it. Raising a single feat costs same as a normal ability, no?

Not directly answering the question here, but where I have to choose, I make magic cheaper, say by ignoring the extra cost if unconcentrated and so on. I just think that that is where the good stuff lies. Game balance be damned (in my book) - I want to see fun things happen.

I also make relationships much cheaper as I think a lot of the fun lies in there too.

Sam.