Re: The God Learners Secret

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_cTq1BZP6O_PPp_kDkQvR8y8N2yvLDDpdaKAJv1T7RUbladIJshKN7HnonH-5qtVueNAy>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:00:26 -0000

Greg says:
> He did not make changes to the Otherworlds or to the Hero
> Plane/Godswar. He invented the way that people interacted with
> them/moved through them. But he did not substitute deities, alter
> results or create new events.

This is an important point - Arkat did not alter the myths he was Heroquesting. He may have delinked Heroquesting of a myth from that myth's religion. But he didn't alter the myth.

> > My speculation was that he wanted to avoid other people undoing what
> > he had done.
>
> But he didn?t ?do? anything.
> Imagine that the Godswar is a number of plays that go on forever, each
> on their own stage. Every so often actors from different plays lave
> their own and go to another one for a while, and return. Sometimes two
> of the plays merge for a while, and then separate again.
> Arkat ?changed masks? and entered into various performances of the
> plays. But he didn?t change the scripts, or remove people form the
> performances. (Which the GL did do.)

Another way of looking at this, Arkat performed in a number of these "plays" that are not normally associated with each other. Moreover, Arkat performed in a wide array of roles in these plays - and sometimes even as the adversary of one of his previous roles. He saw these plays from a remarkable number of different positions, but never changed the script.

Jeff