Superstition

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_FrhP6ry7LrxeUpXnVWn0j2cKxtsebOQRGvePTQkyiGP_xEwe1srMNRUwv1ex_oWOJk8ylF1>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:49:34 -0800

YGWV Quoting Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_k5MdkyFjSeU-sB-NoEf_5amVmCyVFwEa60d_tx-EqSkOqOg6dLBEncLMInoV_rvQ1CsbR9kldsPuwB3eAuwrcB0t0g.yahoo.invalid>:

>> Walking under a ladder comes from, the fact that at a british gaol,
>> can't remember which one, condemned men passed under a ladder before
>> climbing
>> it on their way to the gallows.

> That one's new to me. The usual explanation is that walking under a > ladder breaks a triangle, and triangles represent the Holy Trinity.

I heard it was because some would drip paint on you, or drop a paint can.

Superstitions often have a number of reasons given for why they exist, and most of them are total speculation. A lot of these superstitions are so old that they predate the so-called reasons for them.

What does the purported origin of superstitions have to do with Glorantha again?

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford