Re: Great secrets II : Syndic's ban

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_VNeazECifLnIqQnZ0BQIPDXSfPGSX6txdWUCmwtL_385eQHcmlvz1ZxbzMkOQd0jlfq>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 18:30:45 +1300

At 12:05 p.m. 22/02/2007, you wrote:
>3) The neo-carmanian kingdom option could be twisted so that they
>worship Ganesatarus instead of Idovanus. Maybe the kingdom was
>corrupted Blue Vadeli who had been hiding under the Sweet Sea all
>this time. Come to think of it, I am not sure why the Mostali and
>Vadeli races got along as well as they did in the God Time. One race
>wants to repair the World Machine and the other apparently wants to
>destroy it. I must be missing something in the dynamic between those two.

The Blue Vadeli weren't underneath the sweet sea. The Blue People were related to the Waertagi.

Onto the real issue. Part of the problem is that Charg is near to the Kingdom of War
and it's very difficult to construct a meaningful threat that tops them - at best, you end up
with an anticlimax. If you want a threat that is everything that the Kingdom of War is not
- again you have a problem in that Dorastor is not so far away.

So rather than have it as the source of an all-conquering horde that sweeps all before its
path, you might be better of having it as the perfect conquest. That way you get Jonatings,
the Lunar Empire, the Arrolians, the Mostali, the Kingdom of War and the Trolls all
turning up for a chance to kick butt.

So what would this perfect conquest have? A peaceful civilization full of booty ready for
taking? That's too boring and besides Zoria already exists.

--Peter Metcalfe