Re: Superstition

From: Pete Darby <pete.darby_at_PPPz_TVET6L3OTTDRO6YO1tes7YW_O6QclKZ_hd25KCG0vBUwf1f8AhvSso4pFdof>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:09:18 +0000

Oh sure, they're meaningless *here and now*, but maybe they used to work and were minor sacrifices to local Daimones in the place the tribe used to live, or they make occassional differences whenever a particular wandering essence is around... Or they're the remnants of pre-GL (or GL!) practices that the GL broke.

Like RW supersitious beliefs or actions (I was saying good morning to the magpies on the way to work this morning), even if it doesn't work, it "can't harm", though I could see Malkioni equivalents of Randi and Dawkins rail against them.

My Favourite Golranthan superstition is from the Orlanthi tribe generator for what we do when we mention, IIRC, the EWF.

--
Pete Darby