RE: Re: silver coins

From: Sam Elliot <samclau_at_EzDAuodcO-JDGlWxZ4Nl3zlIec9BLDHBaLVG2nxe3dpL-fgOF9NYzxmpluHYUJrw7P9t>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:11:59 -0200

Jeff:
> My characters (Sartarites and Volsaxings) often travel with a herd of
> horses, and usually a herd of cattle and sheep. Although they have a
> prize box of silver (a gift from the High King), most of their wealth
> is livestock [snip]

Yes, but we all remember the "Clipped Cow" scam of 1612 when the number of three-legged cattle traded for at market rose, soon to be followed by a surfeit of rather rank-smelling cattle with stitch-marks. Traced to the merchant Putrid Pete who was in turn discovered to be factor for a certain swamp-dweller. Don't we?

Sam.