Re: Queen's Birthday/President's Day

From: bryan_thx <bethexton_at_bPoJF3z7ASdPTJjlbb-rR84W2HEOEnPGyWOtiE5FScFJMwxzPxYM2i6sVOiwjOF_SO>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:08:42 -0000

Where this ties into Glorantha is similar to the superstitions thread: people will keep doing something because "we've always done it," whether or not there is a currently compelling reason to do so. I'm sure there are some taxes and tributes still gathered in Glorantha that are 'justified' by reasons that no longer exist. Say local gangs in Dara Happa collecting a 'snow shovelling fee" each year, even though the Ice Breakers have ensured that it hasn't snowed in these cities in living memory. Likewise a tribal king who sends beer out to each tribes on the anniversary of when his several-times over predecessor's son was rescued from the grazers by the tribe. Nobody living was there, but any king who doesn't deliver the good beer will not be popular.....

Not critical things, but good sources of color!

--Bryan