Re: Draconised (sic) myths

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_9ezJh9pyWfVHcZpIVlpW8WfXtcNQy6fN7dfTYLsAKVMM4Yfr7vZywjm0dd0Ux>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:49:35 +0000 (GMT)

This isn't a perfect fit by any means, but a while back in the Swords campaign, we were combatting a dragon on the heroplane. The myth we were using was Trotksy's one starring Vadrus, and under Guy's GMing, the challenges posed by the dragon were those that Vadrus would have found quite difficult. Like thought :) It looks to me as if he draconised a myth about killing a dragon.

Here's the myth
http://mythinglinks.blog.ca/2006/08/09/enkoshons_the_dragon_by_jamie_trotsky_re~1026755

and here's the relevant section:
"Eventually, he battered his way to the centre of the maze, and there encountered a little old man with five nuts of varying shapes in front of him.

"That which you seek is concealed beneath one of these nuts," explained the old man, "but to learn which, you must first answer me this riddle: What…"

And Vadrus hacked off his head with Galecutter, and smashes the nuts to pieces with his hammer. "Come out and face me, you big girl’s blouse!" he roared.

At last the dragon leapt forth, and performed the Celestial Justice Power Strike.

So Vadrus nutted it."

And here's what we ended up doing:

http://www.herewardslegion.info/wikka/wikka.php?wakka=ChronHG3 and scroll down to "17 - The Riddling Wyrm"

All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html