Re: Draconised (sic) myths

From: David Dunham <david_at_LtbVA5JqxM86PmQwPLTe02DCVkWDFDc8HgmLckb5lU4_H_IgVmLsfJH0G9fu7lBhKWdb4U>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 10:19:23 -0800

Greg

> > I'm still in the dark a bit about the "do the story, get the magic"
> > part though.
>
>I think you mean, "How does a worshipper get magic when he doing the
>draconic version of the myths?"
>
>The actual answer is, "One does not do draconic worship for magic. The
>development of your true soul is not to obtain power. The purpose is
>to obtain inner tranquility and peace."

I guess the real issue is an assumption as to how Imperial Age Heortling communities work. In the Third Age, it seems like they'll often sponsor heroquests to gain benefits for the community. I was wondering how that could work with draconic understanding.

But likely this is not what EWF communities did. They'd sponsor a heroquest so that their leader could gain benefits. So unless a player character is such a leader, this isn't a question relevant to gaming.

(Running a Third Age Heortling game, players will get involved in heroquests fairly often, but they're using the theistic interpretation of the myth. This usage is explained in HeroQuest: "Do the story, get the magic.")

--

David Dunham