Re: Digest Number 26

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_tenptX_neq3TJftBOL9TE9-qzTkNFr04Ls883aeJu4qwRprPu8yjgUkjX>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:17:33 +0000 (GMT)

Roderick wrote:

>It's not the Worshipper, and it's not the Spell, but the way magic is taught by Makabeus (or any other Lunar Sorcery-user. (Lunar Spirits and Lunar feats

>*are* cyclical - it's just spells that are wierd this way).

I'd suspect it is the way of connecting to the node that Makabeus teaches which is cyclical. To further Roderick's use of an analogy when I look up a company who provide a service I may have serveral ways to contact them: phone, snail mail, visit their shop. Each one works differently, but the end result - using their services is the same. So the Lunar religion teaches a different way to access nodes than Western sorcery. The end result, access to the node is the same, but the Lunar method has variation caused by phase of the Moon.So when a Makabeus sorceror finds a foreign grimoire it tells him where the node is, but he has to use his Makabeus approach to getting there.

Ian Cooper