Re: Draconised (sic) myths

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_PJsNDmgPDKaATVvxAj3zucSskxXMo91w9qlraGIENyzXFNDj8TBkZdE_7fk7>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:11:59 -0000

I'm curious about something in the thread David Dunham started about draconised myths. Namely: Is it individuals, or communities, which are advancing on the dragon path?

What I've read so far makes it sounds as if it's individuals seeking their own, personal dragon nature. However, a community might be able to advance itself (more precisely, its guardian) by performing the draconic form of heroquests and seeking a community benefit. In fact, the great dragon project of the EWF might be a series of draconic quests for the EWF's guardian.

A related question is how widespread draconic worship is. It's possible that only a tiny cadre of priests and ascetics pursue draconic wisdom seriously. Most individuals, in contrast, might make only small advances, perhaps only as part of a community, hoping to get further along in a future life.

One implication would be, if so: Clan and tribal heroes would follow the non-draconic heroquest paths most of the time. Only a tiny fraction of committed worshippers would follow the draconic ones.