Faulty memory

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_7TnGLkVfYCc1IXc8xAAryaUoS-zutEwbTl3jnkl5NIm-eXFmUeSCBfbzEcb9wSjsKdD>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:26:37 +1100 (EST)

Hi

I need some help because my memory is faulty. Either it is deluding me completely, or has bits missing.

I seem to remember a more detailed account of the finding of death in the underworld than I can currently lay my hands on.

Two particular things lurk in my memory about the version I'm looking for. 1. Some detail on Humakt and Eurmal actually getting past Vivamort and obtaingin death, rather than just a bold statement that it was obtained. 2. Humakt offering Grandfather Mortal the opportuinity to try this new power and grandfather mortal deciding to so as he had previously turned down the chance to try some other things (the version actually stated what the other things were, but they have slipped out of my memory).

I've looked in Cults of Prax, Cults of Terror, Storm Tribe, Genertela: GCotHW, Glorantha ItoHW and a few others, but can't find what I'm looking for.

I have a vague memory of such a myth turning up in King of Dragon Pass, but is it there and is that the only source?

Am I imagaining things? If not, can someone tell me where to find the version I seem to be remembering?

On a related note is there some place to get the myths given in KoDP besides playing the game? I'm sure I've never uncovered them all and coying them out by hand as you get them is a bit time consuming...

Thanks

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_N-S_QOUpgR5FcXBgekOVU4ZkzHlj6uhQSb0c887PzPGZV_G4EhWgdtF3scxvoHZJlms0A3_V5vWC6EqChg.yahoo.invalid