Re: ILH2 sorcery questions

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_vOF-PYOo7MaikB7kcNWmUdmW-_-VLFYpvlSYWGgn_Cxi9O_K7Dlp-w5QRyar0yZ2KhqzJ>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:07:47 -0800

> One more question; can the Lunar denominations other than Makabeus,
> particularly those that use sorcery, access independent spells?

Yes - any sorcery school (Lunar or not) can. But Makabeus has an Imperial mandate to collect new spells.

However, those "loose spells" aren't just any ol' jotting down of notes - you need to gain access to a real, Connected-to-the-Essence-Planes, piece of text. Schools and Sorcerers are unlikely to haul around theior Grimoires with them (see a recent thread on either this list of the HQ-Rules one about that), so to get a spell you probably need to raid someone's sanctum. And those are probably warded and guarded and sealed six ways from sunday.

Stealing someone's Talisman won't get you a spell (I'm sure there is some way to "trace back" to the node from the talisman, but it's probably some School Secret). Stealing their non-connected notes won't do it. Only the real thing will get you the spell(s).

And finally, the School may restrict access to non-grimoire material (or even entire Grimoires) to a select few - you have to be the rank of High Grand Master of Fire to access this section of the Library.

RR