Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: Neil Robinson <OrlanthiFool_at_ZmcdXYRtNDZmWKT351KXrQN04OJsBSE_otlOOxp7arUe1mfNwM-vZ4KjvUYSKLw>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:51:06 -0800

As you may have read, Jeff Richard is unleashing the battle of Whitewall on his gaming group. The Crimson Bat's glow can be seen in the distance and the situation is dire. Our characters have been warned that they need to be ready to follow Broyan into hell, and that's a journey we probably won't survive.

Still... we are PCs, so all hope isn't completely lost (yet)

As heroes in our own right, and as advisors to Broyan we want to see if there are some great Orlanthi secrets and myths that can help us.

Here are the things I'm trying to grapple with...

  1. We can't really fight the Bat, but can we somehow lead it into Hell? If the Bat is Pelorian Chas War god is there any weakness it has?
  2. What quests are there for getting out of hell again?
  3. There's the Hell Crack in Pent. (No idea how to get there from the Underworld.)
  4. Errinoru sailed there and back.
  5. Trolls can presumably do it.
  6. Lightbringers quest (Rastaluf went in and back out, as did Harmast)
  7. Should we try to do the 'Immolation Song?'

One of the players is pretty convinced that Broyan needs to replay Vingkot's battle (and death) with Chaos Man. Here is how he put it (which is far better than I could).

"I shall look into this, as long as I am free from Broyan's work. I don't
know what the Bat is, but I can tell you now what I think it must become -- the Chaos Man. Vingkot faced that creature, and defeated it, though he was sorely wounded. Then he immolated himself, ridding himself of its taint and also giving his people the strength they needed to get through the Great Darkness."
"That is how Broyan can defeat the Bat. He has claimed Vingkot's Sword and
Helm, now he must claim Vingkot's last victory and his glorious death."

Thanks,

Neil (aka Korlmhy Lighting, Priest of Orlanth and Troublesome Poet)