Re: Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: Neil <OrlanthiFool_at_mkf2u570kU4nRW7mAyKIWvqS1U9-xq9gJuDdwZjFueQsvEjHNwsfXUfrQR4Kizm>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 20:38:23 -0000

If we look at Whitewall and the coming of the bat as a parallel to the Orlanthi male initiation (http://www.glorantha.com/new/q-and- a/orlanth_initiation.html ) then we can see that the arrival of the Bat is the Confrontation with the Void. When our characters fought the Shargashi, it was the Confrontation with the Ancestral Enemies.

The challenge is to work out how to face the void and survive it. Hoert and Harmast did it, but it doesn't happen often. If you do succeed, it would be a chance to learn a Great Secret [tm]. This is the sort of test that would be required to be come a Disciple. Right now I"m hoping we can perform a divine intervention that would help us summon a great storm against the Bat. That is Orlanth Thunderous' idiom after all.