Re: Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_o-QuWl9Ae2Bmr4lmVpUwjuntiSHWsma1CK-eFpofZS4Er6zbaNCq0rgQFypuyMYQfgokX>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:54:53 -0800

  The Prince of Sartar did not
> do such a thing at Boldhome (it was a Dragon that attacked the Bat),
> and the Sartar High Command failed to show any such power. You are a
> timorous fool Polemarch Robertson! We shall show you the destructive
> power of this fully operational Chaos demon!

Hmm, yesss, I seem to remember something like that from a long time ago and far away... Let me just observe the battle from over there...

Let's see, we're up against a few hundered *desperate* defenders, who worship a god of Storms. What could they do to us? Raise a storm? Nah, never happen...

I'll also note that Broyan is *not* Sartarite, though that fact has probably escaped the Lunars - he's just another smelly barbarian (High Command? Sartarites? Huh? Unified battlefield and strategic thought? In SARTARITES?!? Right, pull the other one, it's got bells on.)

>> Were I the Orlanthi, I'd go back to the myths of Orlanth
> Adventurous, and
>> plan it more as a raid. Try to be sneaky, rather than straight up
>> Power-on-Power.
>
> And that is what the Bat Cult would be counting on - the foolishness
> of our foes. No one can sneak up on the Bat. Period.

Not sneak up on, but be sneaky (or, if you like it better, devious). Going head to head with the Bat is a loser's gambit. Storm doesn't have the greatest record vrs Chaos...

But hey, I'm not your narrator, so if he wants to run the Lunar High Command as a bunch of complete tactical idiots, then fine (okay, they were, but Broyan shouldn't be *counting* on that).

And even if the Lunar High Command are CTI, perhaps the leader of the Bat Cult isn't?

RR