Re: Take part in the Battle of Whitewall

From: donald_at_qpjkab1MfcahoUifdvZ_F82HNwcybbKrZFcAbQOEzBiZ6AwvjuIY6Bv__4XkJN32ZHpij
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 02:48:52 GMT

In message <00b901c75d36$f00eafe0$6406a8c0_at_Camelot> "Roderick Robertson" writes:

>Not sneak up on, but be sneaky (or, if you like it better, devious).
>Going head to head with the Bat is a loser's gambit. Storm doesn't
>have the greatest record vrs Chaos...

Of course raising a storm as a cover to divert attention from the real attack.....

>But hey, I'm not your narrator, so if he wants to run the Lunar High Command
>as a bunch of complete tactical idiots, then fine (okay, they were, but
>Broyan shouldn't be *counting* on that).
>
>And even if the Lunar High Command are CTI, perhaps the leader of
>the Bat Cult isn't?

I'd have thought if anyone was a CTI it'd be the leader of the Bat Cult. Priests of the Bat Cult don't tend to survive the loss of the Bat so he's likely to be convinced that nothing can stop the Bat sucking the barbarians out of the castle they've holed up in.

Personally I don't think Jorkandros is particularly clever but in any case he's so tied up in the politics between Fazzur and Tatius that he can't do much. Tatius on the other hand is clever enough to send the Bat on ahead so he can claim the credit for a victory without having to deal with any problems that arise. He's probably more of a strategist than a tactican though.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/