Re: Arolanit

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_3QJQFrryt2i1NWDBovDEyHust0KzrD-eE9QeIWvKd0wNT9KIXD6A38voiJqgpyif0a4>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:46:21 +1300

At 11:25 p.m. 7/03/2007, you wrote:
>By reading Moongose Glorantha Second Age, I have discovered that
>Arolanit is not yet inhabited by Brithinis circus 908 (see p. 88).

It is. The current situation is a temporary one forced by the God Learner conquest. During the reign of Modos (805-816 ST), the God Learners invaded Arolanit after they provided refuge to outlaws and criminals. Most of the population escaped but nobody knows where they fled to (MSE p22). There's a later conquest in Ilotos's time which speculates unnecessarily as to why Brithos did nothing (the real mystery is why Brithos did nothing during the first invasion rather than the reconquest during the "Old Dukes, New Lands" campaign).

Arolanit suceeded from Seshnela in the reign of Benalos (958-973 ST) and the Brithini apparently returned during the reign of Bajenyl (973-990 ST).

>I always thought Arolanit was colonized in 400 ST, at the latest, when
>Arkat landed on whith the brithini army.

IMO Arolanit was created in the great darkness by wizards seeking to test certain theorems of Zzabur in order to provide data for his great spell.

--Peter Metcalfe