Moon Design - HeroQuest and QuestWorlds update

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_7LKvQCYsa8SuykPnhCBLwkHBTlojhvQBAjij9ufsV8WqlcvPN4XcfQaDFWvp6J5lkWy>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:32:07 -0000

It is a great pleasure to announce that HeroQuest is about to undergo a major update, both in terms of content and purpose. Robin D. Laws (of Feng Shui, Dying Earth, Over the Edge and of course HeroQuest fame) is back on board to rewrite the HeroQuest Core Rulebook, due to hit store shelves in the Summer of 2007. This new edition has two main purposes: to streamline the HeroQuest mechanics AND make the HeroQuest system ready to use for any roleplaying setting.

As the original designer of the HeroQuest rules, Robin is the perfect person to open the system up to science-fiction, historical, horror, and fantasy-based settings. He will be distilling the current rulebook down to just the rules, refining them, and adding in copious examples of using them for a variety of roleplaying genres, which we call QuestWorlds. All of the Gloranthan material the rulebook used to contain will find a new updated home in separate HeroQuest supplements. It will become our flagship QuestWorld, but now joined by many others.

"When presented with this great opportunity to revisit the HeroQuest system, I had to jump at it," Laws says. "Loaded with examples and GM advice, this new version will be the system's most straightforward, easy-to-learn iteration ever."

To support the HeroQuest system with many QuestWorlds supplements, we are seeking writers to help develop genre books. If you are keen to write a book for a game setting, please contact our Acquisitions Editor, Mark Galeotti (Mark_at_1e50j-YR5A5aUpEKipBOAPxWG93wl-oSIDwMYdxqv89xcYkX98-j6ZnG6BqGe49rzFZ3b9OYKL0iuPoB.yahoo.invalid), who also happened to write the first alternate setting using the HeroQuest rules, Mythic Russia.

Regards,
Rick Meints
Moon Design Publications