Culture of Dragon Pass

From: innerworlder2000 <innerworlder2000_at__abOy0lY2RFCXR6F1ZfIo3BiVNMyXFJLsu9t_hVhXZMuXSIjy09VZ_ONEAx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:31:02 -0000

Greg, what is your view of power and control in Dragon pass in the second age? Is the EWF still a chiefdom (centralized leadership that consists of an office of chief as opposed to shifting leadership) with ranked society, genealogical position and geographical units within the chiefdom? (Barbarian society in RuneQuest 3)

Or has it become a state society with social stratification, primarily agricultural, production which allows the development of cities, economic and occupational specialization and extensive trade and paid soldiery? Ranking would not be based on kinship, but rather each class marries within itself and kin ties no longer extend throughout the whole society? (Civilized society in RuneQuest 3)

If I am fairly clear on this issue I can run a second age campaign in Dragon Pass filling in all the details with traditional chiefdom or state economic structures and family organization. Your information on Dragon religion is more than sufficient to explain theological issues.