Aftermath of Battle of Iceland

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_rqstxWJXxwfmVVGgbpERx6Nlf7dF6L1vjYZwB4IqlupXZWK-Eo2juLnwmfYnXxMlUc6>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 12:38:40 +1100 (EST)

Hi

Re-reading Orlanth is Dead there's something I can't quite fit together, probably something I'm missing, but anyway....

On page 64 of Orlanth is Dead it talks about the result for Virtuous clans, unvirtuous clans and Clans that converted to the Lunar way.

I'm not quite clear what converted to the Lunar way means in this context. Is genuinely worshipping Doburdun converting to the Lunar way? Or does it require Seven Mothers, Red Moon, etc worship?

On a specific example, Kangharl Blackmor and the Black Oak clan of the Colymar. Blackmor would probably have Lunar support to survive the winter, but what about the Black Oaks? Are they just unvirtuous? If they don't count as having "converted to the Lunar way" I can't imagine the number of clans that have is very many at all. On the other hand if they have, then do they suffer the fate of Lunar converts given on OID p64? If not, why not and if they do, how does Blackmor survive as Tribal King for the 3 years between the Battle of Iceland and the dragonrising?

Thanks

Michael

PS anyone know if any work/plans are in train for book 4 of the Sartar Rising series?

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_ldpoPhm0DiZ2yBURtdkmaiGc1iFgkYGyE2THlBCyxX9zit4tIhOJc7o9A2x2RbIs9gSdU1xfQJKRMzjgTtQ.yahoo.invalid