Re: Vadrudi's customs and history

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_K890Z6L6t41Ctv-Cy4KDs9SwP4rMQNTVohk-34dI7X1f_kGx5Z97Sug6ltBzAl-gRNW>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:55:22 +1300

At 06:02 a.m. 10/03/2007, you wrote:

> > It depends upon the setting. Vadrus is alive according to Gloratha:
> > the Second Age.
>
>Unfortunately I think Robin was wrong on this. Vadrus was destroyed
>utterly in the Darkness.

The Darkness being a mythic age is malleable. In the Dawn Age, Wachaza was a nobody. In the Imperial Age, the God Learners built him up to into being a fearsome diety that could dethrone Magasta. Then there is the Red Goddess who used shattered fragments of myth as a foundation for the Lunar Way. Before she appeared, their was nothing usable. But after her...

So for Vadrus being destroyed now means nothing to Vadrus being alive in the Imperial Age. Somehow the myths changed. Perhaps Vadrus was sicked and tried of being the punching bag of the pantheon and wandered out alone seeking some way of healing himself. Perhaps he simply vanished in the Cosmic Reaction against the God Learners. All that we have is a statement that he vanished and nothing more.

--Peter Metcalfe