Re: Aftermath of the Battle of Iceland

From: jakyer_at_GNEltuq3CoZViLaBUPMxrhzn6juI7yMrfSNSKjvPa7Nq1M8NKOPNnsgYBACNsw71JId6g
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:06:58 -0500

> Thanks - that makes it easier to understand. My take is that I would be
> surprised if moe than halfg a dozen clans (if that many) vanished across
> the whole of Sartar. My assumption is that even clans like the Black Oaks
> have nothing like a majority who have "converted to the Lunar Way".
>
> Of course, that could be just my Glorantha varying :-)
>
> Michael

YGMV but the Black Oaks are comprised entirely of apostates, outlaws, opportunists, and their thralls. At least, that's the way I wrote them originally. There's a full writeup on them in YBOT called "Meet the Black Oaks." There's a brief writeup on them in Gathering Thunder as well. They are Bad News with little to recommend them.

The remaments of the clan does, however, survive in one form or another as a Rakstani clan joins the Colymar in the late 1620s. The clan wyter is Rakstant The Black Oak. I have a 'reverse Monrogh' heroquest scenario kicking around which reminds Doburdun of his kinship to the Storm Tribe. The scenarios associated with it, "Sheep and Distant Kin" and "Black Cloud Castle" were written to be a part of Sartar Rising IV but I am not sure what is to become of them now.

Jeff