Re: Time mirroring the God Time

From: DURUPT Jean <jean.durupt_at_xR4BubtoHy2dUgvUHCpMQZIwhcF0HWIJESlHaV9PuBDWvfN353k471FgYdojdzNT>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:30:02 +0100

> While sitting back with a very nice bit of scotch and talking to the
frightfully clever Byran Thexton, I was struck a thought: Has anyone noticed that the Ages of History appar to be recapitulating the God Time?

> First Age - exploration and harmony and rebuilding. Ends in war and
a loss of innocence in the face of pragmatic and practical. Sounds much like the Green Age.

> Second Age - Age of Empires. Great Empires that control and dominate
vast popuations and coordinate numerous cultures into their mix. Very much like the Golden Age. It too ends similarly with the throwing down of the Empires.

> Third Age - Numerous warring states and peoples all striving against
one another. New ways arise, breaking the old ways. Sounds like the Storm Age to me.

> Fourth Age - uh oh...

The Fourth Age should not be the worse Age, it is only the Lesser Darkness, creatures from the UnderWorld invade the surface world.

It is the Fifth Age that is really scary, that's when someone summons Chaos into the world.

To take Pavis as an example (Keith Nellist wrote about it)

> First Age - exploration and harmony and building. Ends in a war with
Thog and deals with mercenaries.

> Second Age - Arrowsmith Dynasty - rule of Kings, the Zebra Cavalry -
population growth,

> Third Age - Break down of the wall, nomad invasion, slaughter.
>
> Fourth Age - The Dark Age - troll Occupation.

Fifth Age the Devil's Playground is created when the city magician summons Chaos either to fight the trolls or to be the most powerful individual inside the walls.

If the Chaos invasion had not been broken, the Big Rubble could have been transformed into a Chaos pit like the Print or Dorastor...

Jean