Re: 300. History? Heck No. But Glorantha? Sure!

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_ivNu3ChCvkcCjNJDtVQG-5fkr4cxfnRKao2U4bW4mCREBb1fQbC2yIaC5bHT6LpeRKC>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:11:59 +0000

> Well, the Persians have Humongous Elephants (About the sze of the
> Oliphaunts
> in Return o fthe King) and a big war rhino. Unfortunatly, neither
> manages to
> squish Spartans.
>
> Their arrows do blot out the sun, though.
>
> Whether they count as "Iranians" I leave to others.

Well, the Iranians are insisting that they do (and that the film is an obvious propaganda piece against their nation), and I suppose they ought to know. Come to think of it, an Iranian kid I went to school with insisted that he was 'Persian', so that fits. OTOH, the Iranians are also insisting that the film is an 'insult to Islam', which is a bit harder to figure...

Anyway, back to our regular discussions ;)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic