Re: Galin

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_2s9_SzChKmej6TdtKwJIaLRn0xT9cToA_ZHlk8uwCcKzlfNG8PdHJkY9TxWzaYlRCQq>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 00:55:54 +1300

At 11:12 p.m. 17/03/2007, you wrote:

>I am currently GMing a 2nd Age MRQ campaign in the lake Felster area.
>Galin seems to be an interesting centre in terms of city intrigue and
>political/religious friction. Where can I find more information wrt
>Galin?

There isn't much published. Galin is popular among Safelster as the God of Horses and despised by the Highlanders (Delela, Keanos, Saug and Lankst) for being the patron god of their ancient enemies. There will probably be some friction between the worshippers of Galan and the Seshnegi as they worship a different horse deity. Compounding this is the fact that the Galan was probably the favourite horse deity among the Autarchy.

During the Dawn Age, the centre of power of the Galanini lay elsewhere (in the north and western Safelster) while in terms of religious import, it was eclipsed by Hrelar Amali (which is in ruins at the moment). So its inhabitants may feel pride in the glory of their ancestors (who were tough enough to beat up the Seshnegi and be sought by the world council in beating up the Pelorians) but they really don't have the martial or religious clout to impress anybody else.

A bit like Piedmont these days.

--Peter Metcalfe