Re: Dorastor in the Second Age

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_V_PEswKdOaAbDL9r1xB4Q52QAJFC3jNXWbyLdvasVohZRRfC7pjgZj29bLVu7-OPubB>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:50:51 +1200

At 02:29 a.m. 18/03/2007, you wrote:

>I am assuming there
>is a difference, and that this land is a stumbling block for the EWF
>who wish to expand into Ralios to establish the Great Dragon. What is
>the general nature and culture of the surrounding lands (Bilini and
>Talastar).

The EWF (as do Alakoring and his friends) fly over the Rockwoods rather than make a landward pass through Dorastor. It's not a barrier but rather something safely observed from a distance.

Dorastor is dead until awakened by the God Learners.

780 God Learners travel into Dorastor and are never seen

         again.  I believe this is the expedition that tried to
         raise Ralzakark on the grounds they couldn't believe
         he was evil.

798  Orlanth Priests fly over Kartolin.  They report Elves were
         still living in the forests of Dorastor that surrounded
         a vast ash plain.

800 A huge fire burns in Dorastor. Taken as an ill-omen.

824 EWF expedition to recover ash and water. They

         report things that go bump in the night, a hill
         that moved around, a mysterious city and an
         earthquake.  All expedition members die violently
         within three years of returning with blood bubbling
         from their lips.

850     Telmori move into Dorastor.

852     A Seshnegi knight leads a caravan into Dorastor
         and never returns.

857     Two Talastari heroes enter Dorastor.  They return as
         Draugr.

1100 First Broo raiders from Dorastor reported in Talastar.

>I have Cults of Terror and I am wondering if I should purchase
>Dorastor, Land of Doom, or would it do me any great amount of good for
>the Second Age?

Dorastor:Land of Doom does have some good information. A Fanzine that would be helpful if you can get it is the Book of Drastic Resolutions (Chaos) which contains a map of Dorastor circa 900 ST but I dunno how easy it is to get that.

--Peter Metcalfe