Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_VolzPCzxLasq1IaWnLMw4PuQ3cLKeMHDPdQom34HY51JUk6Q4RcFdndegjEhD>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:04:12 +0000 (GMT)

> > Ashart is three years old at the time he dies.
> What
> > heat-related accidents could befall a small child?
> > Fever?
>
> Left an an exercise for the Storytellers among us
> :-).
>
> C'mon Jane, you're the one that is able to string
> together minor snips and
> snaps of stories and get a coherreent whole out of
> it. (I mean that
> sincerely, I'm always astounded at what you come up
> with).

Oh, I'm sure I could write Ashart's story easily enough, there's a nice skeleton given in his dad's diary already. I think I'd use his big sister as view-point. But I already have half-a-dozen much more interesting stories in the queue.

But sorting out how come the entire Fimbulwinter, death of Orlanth, loss of wind magic and more importantly earth magic, for the whole of Sartar and beyond, is completely over-looked in every KoS document (and every other document), is still beyond me. And all non-Orlanthi modesty aside, if I'm struggling that badly, what chance does the average reader have? So WHY wasn't this missing explanation in OiD in the first place?

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk