Re: Dorastor in the Second Age

From: David Dunham <david_at_W9KnF37v28R_4VUqQetaMda1INqkUVpXErkDlgdA7wP1tzhz-yTgnusLTkJgGNBIwOcNXA>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:30:30 -0700

>Is Dorastor in the second age any different than Dorastor in the third
>age (Dorastor: Land of Doom and Lords of Terror).

Significantly.

It depends on when in the Second Age you're talking, but if it's around 900, Chaos has awakened (about 100 years ago) but doesn't seem as organized as it does later. There are no Hellwood elves, and the Telmori migrated only about 50 years ago. And of course there are no brave settlers on the fringes.

But it's still a really bad place that no one would go.

>I am assuming there
>is a difference, and that this land is a stumbling block for the EWF
>who wish to expand into Ralios to establish the Great Dragon

It makes it hard, but they have access to flying magic both Orlanthi and draconic, so they can cross the Rockwoods. (In King of Sartar, Ingolf Dragonfriend seems to do so fairly frequently.)

>Do winds of
>Chaos or winds carrying passion spirits come out of Dorastor from time
>to time causing plagues in Sylila

Not sure if they get that far, but definitely to Talastar. I think that this is one reason that Talastar has accepted the EWF -- they provide a way to defend against Chaos (I believe Urox the Storm Bull is not yet popular in the region). Probably the draconic version of Yelmalio, Tharkantus,

It's actually a pretty cool product (or two products in one -- see <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/products.html>). I've found it useful while working up a Second Age game in nearby Anadikki, just for some historical references. I believe it talks about regular flying scouts.

--

David Dunham