Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_-HTILi9jsPIP4WXVN7R1Ap2ifsU8yA4a4YbBZew4nDiuyNwrB-HsHdWPxrlHmpta-VI>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:44:37 -0000

> Alison:
> Their own officers would be telling them that
> their enemies' magic was kaput. That the weather was
> abnormal, don't know. But I'd think that they'd put
> two and two together as time went on. Firstly, it
> took years to take out Whitewall. So the veterans
> would know what to expect come winter.

I agree, but I'd have thought that knowing what to expect come *summer* would be even more relevant. The point about the Fimbulwinter, after all, is that it remains freezing cold and windless for the entire year. When you're in the middle of what ought to be summer, but there's still snow on the ground, and the air is so still that clouds don't even move across the sky, surely you've got to be pretty dense not to figure that *something* pretty weird is going on? Especially if you were there the year before...

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic