Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_wGCu9ozDH42aCNnMWIVbu6XAs66yZNqH45oFZsoOuK14MzkYojj3DrKcW-NpkO5>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:25:12 -0700 (PDT)

Right. Yes. Damn right! (Must have had my dense cap on...)

Oh, even sillier or stranger ideas from my hubbie:

  1. Extreeemely limited effect. Only a few clans affected. Therefore not worth mentioning or glossed over in the official histories.
  2. Lunar propaganda, claiming a huge effect after the Fall of Whitewall. In fact, the whole OiD series is just Lunar propaganda.
  3. Only the significant rebels are caught in this effect. It's actually all a huge HQ that the Lunars trap them in, even when the Orlanthi think they're back in the Real World.
  4. (The best) FW was actually a Sartari own goal. They attempted to interrupt the Kalikos Icebreaker ceremonies to starve the Lunar Heatlands, and blew it badly. Reallly, really badly. Therefore no skalds, Lawspeakers, chroniclers or bards were allowed to mention it, on pain of death. Then, what few surreptitious records were made vanish during the Era of Illiteracy. This makes good sense, considering the Orlanthi do control the weather.

     In this context, "Ashart dies of heat." is actually a reverse code for "Ashart dies of cold."

Ian (Alison scripsit.)

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection. Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.