Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_9OClOn9hr5DFQN_GgbfgGwlGl7MuB1Yj1nINq-1Kl4mydV9DXk_oS2OalOn0P2lPcWR>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:15:59 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>> What if the death was before the fall of Whitewall?
>
> In which case he, being a normal person, would have written:
>
> 1621 - Ashart dies. Whitewall falls.

Standard, but not 100%, practice. The examples you give are consequential events. if the two are unrelated, then you could put the most important (to the world) one first, regardless of chronology. I offer it only as a possibility

>> And I still maintain that it is unreasonable to claim that because
>> something isn't in KoS it can't be important
>
> Well, I haven't actually made such a claim.

Sorry, mixing up replies.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_wQ6wvaDKgzy1s3F63SXJJXhbzLd70S5e1rONU0JPK1BTxF6g16041E8y2pHEk3T01x_88UBpks6BG89y_bEY.yahoo.invalid