Re: Yelmalio keyword

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_lvZu1KM-mD4prYXNjbqDyYBM7r2yOJVHXQyr9b3_XRnhFCVYT6-K19kAZ-2Ogd3EqP7H>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:28:43 +0800

On 3/19/07, Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_RTc1oc2IkJX1oeJUxdty9V9rT_xPjL49eDX_M9pOhiAN2bdc458CvmiXYM8WRRKznDtjVTYFk4TOvQ.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> I think the OiD version is only one aspect of Yelamio (the Mercenary Aspect,
> probably the best known)

Is this a suggestion that the mercenary aspect has only two affinities - or a suggestion to add an affinity (treating the OiD Yelmalio write-up as lacking subcult affinities)?

> - after all, this is the Premier god of Sun County,
> and the other Sun Domes, so he probably has (Minor) Cultural God
> significance, and various other aspects, much like Elmal has subcults.
>
> So there's probably the Yelmalio that makes plants grow and is Husband to
> the Earth; the Yelmalio of Horses (Remember that even back in CoP Yelmalio
> taught Kushile Archery and Riding, even though no Sun Dome mercenary band
> seems to have mounted archers!). There may be some Anti-Darkness and/or
> anti-Cold/Storm aspect(s) as well (Cloud Clear would be in the anti-Storm
> realm...). And yelmalio the regent or so,mething - not "King", as that would
> be transgressing on yelm's rites, but some form of "Yelmalio the leader".

It seems that the Beren the Rider and Elmalhara the Grower (which has Clear Clouds) Elmal subcults could be dropped in with little change, along with about half of Anatyr's affinity renamed to "Loyal Prince" or some such. I don't see a strong case for Hearthguard or Rigsdal.

> Friend to Birds (via Hawk Mother).
> Friend to Aldryami
> Anti-Dwarf
> Anti-Dragon

And this could all be handled with hero cults (or not). Is the Yelmalio-Aldryami link from RQ still valid?