Re: The Fall of Whitewall - what did Argrath do during the Fimbulwinter?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_rhno2oPkz1xTsBM7Z6nyt45Cob8pkZUD2wa93NpB-7AwarKJMzMeEFMSUhbUD>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:19:33 +0000 (GMT)

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Jane Williams wrote:
>
> >> The analogy would be someone from London leaving
> >> note saying 'September
> >> 19th 1940: Jennie killed by bomb'.
> >
> > I'm afraid it's more like a history of WW2,
> written in
> > say the '50s, omitting the Battle of Britain.
>
> Minaryth's little note is not a complete history.

Who said it was? CHDP is a complete history, that's what we're talking about. Minaryth's is the one source that comes close to mentioning ANYTHING happening during the Fimbulwinter period, and even he seems to have avoided any FW-related personal nastiness.

> why did it skip the Fimbulwinter, and barely
> > mention Iceland?
>
> He wasn't there?

Didn't I say that a day or so ago? And then refute it, since plenty of other things get mentioned where he wasn't there?

Yes, looks like I did say it, you're quoting it....

> Can't even write him a bigger part
> than he actually had, like at the Dragonrising,
> where he participated but
> didn't lead. At least he was there and we can
> embroider his part. Have to leave it out then.

No, you don't. Plenty of things in there where he wasn't present. Like the Dragonrising, in fact! And Whitewall....

> Venharlsson? Oh he worked for the lunars for a
> while, but eventually served Argrath really well by
> organsing the magical
> regiments. Don't want to talk too much about
> Argrath using a double
> turncoat though - play that one down too.

Sounds like a distinct possibilility. He (one of them) was there, but actions too embarassing to be mentioned.

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk