Re: The Fall of Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_naXuJW4tcmrg9z-QbqL_ZduCCogC9S8dUWLfxuvsmGll69jMvkSoCbZzd3MSP>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:24:59 +0000 (GMT)

much good sense, and in particular:

> >And I still maintain that it is unreasonable to
> claim that because
> >something isn't in KoS it can't be important

> Well, I haven't actually made such a claim.

And nor has anyone that I know of.

But I still think it is reasonable to claim that if an event is not only "important", but overwhelmingly obvious to a large area, then for a supposed history of that area to miss it out is extremely odd. Would a modern history of New Orleans that made no mention of flooding strike you as reasonable? No, if something that BIG gets missed out, it's a deliberate omission, and there is probably a story behind why. And that story may, just may, allow us to explain why our PCs in 1621 failed to notice that their magic hadn't been working for the last season, and that despite the trouble they'd had with the hot summer, it was actually still winter.

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com