Re: Yelmalio keyword

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at__dYXQokJJOKd-obyyuv11BOjfNI_pOq34CCXBXv13xx6ZSgKlAOM3L1aLUTWISb6vHM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:32:28 -0000

Peter Metcalfe:
> The trouble is that this counts to something like five aspects
whereas
> a Great God like Orlanth only has three.

And Vinga has how many?

OK, Aspects and Subcults are easily confused terms, so Yelmalio could have several different subcults - Yelmalio the Farmer, Yelmalio The Rider, Yelmalio the Sundomer, Yelmalio Runs-Away-From- Darkness and so on.

> I would instead give Yelmalio two affinities - Light and Truth
(from
> Cults of Prax), the latter being the knowledge that comes from the
gut,
> what it means to be a Yelmalion in a particular role.

Or perhaps Light, Truth and another one, which is subcult-dependant. So, Yelmalio the Farmer would have a Farming Affinity (Bless Crops,Sunripen), Yelmalio the Sundomer might have Hoplite (Shield Wall, Pike) and so on.

See Ya

Simon