Re: Yelmalio keyword

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_gpO-VOsOsorwAAAVjDx4SZ13Sml89DQP33Zw0D9-ZzZsjSngSIXpyd_gs--PmQ-SKdNInYI.>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:50:47 +0100 (CET)

David Dunham

> I need to make a Tharkantus keyword, so I figured I'd start with
> Yelmalio, which is in Orlanth is Dead. I'm surprised that he's given
> only two affinities -- Elmal gets three.

Yelmalio lost his Fire powers. There goes the third affinity.

What he gets instead might be regimental magic - something the Sartarites discovered mainly in the Hero Wars, prototyped by the Eaglebrowns and Eleven Lights.

> Any thoughts as to why Yelmalio is so magically weak (when King of
> Sartar suggests that, relative to Elmal, Yelmalio has "overwhelming"
> magic)? Or an alternate keyword?

Yelmalio borrows the associate magic of the Dara Happans, including a sovereignty untainted by Orlanth.