Re: Peloria in the Second Age

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_GI4mwuTbbi3dbWy11QBpOvSKrJsFdopN5VcKJQiCtenyVguCgjScFfN2qVmKfPkjeuY>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:33:06 +1200

At 12:59 p.m. 20/03/2007, you wrote:

>I thought there was an ongoing war (made up of smaller wars) where
>Carmanians were pushing through Pelanda and Dara Happa in conquest.
>So I thought at the time of Glorantha the Second Age (908) that
>Carmanian armies are pushing through Dara Happa causing destruction,
>mayhem, burning, etc. and that (possibly) barbarians are being used as
>mercenaries in these wars.

In 908 ST, Dara Happa is under the rule of the Dragon Sun. He is killed two years later by Karvanyar who seeks aid from the Carmanians. Insofar as the Carmanians are marching, they are marching through Darjiin against the EWF.

910 - Dragon Sun dies. Karvanyar controls Yuthuppa.

912 - Carmanians conquer eastern Doblian.

913 - Karvanyar gains control over Raibanth.

914 - After a battle near Alkoth, the Carmanians fall out with Dara

         Happa.

915 - The Carmanians conquer Darjiin.

920 - Alkoth acknowledges Karvanyar as Emperor.

921 - Dara Happa conquers Sylila

923 - Dara Happa conquers Vanch

924 - Dara Happa conquers Mirin's Cross

925 - Dara Happa conquers Vanch. Karvanyar makes peace

         with the EWF and then marches north against the
         nomads.

947 - EWF counterattack.

Now the exact nature of the split between the Carmanians and the Dara Happans is not clear but probably involves a dispute about the spoils of battle. Afterwards the Carmanians split their time between fighting the EWF and fighting in Fronela against the God Learners.

The War between the Carmanians and the Dara Happans doesn't start until 975 and doesn't conclude until 1173 and that's far more complicated.

--Peter Metcalfe