Re: how many Argraths?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_aaBp_jFWVBOgNxY3Zl_-sDpcK_TcQCugOQt3dI9fHs7Sc6YZkUW07ADLMrIrDn9sg4D9>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:25:55 -0000

> It might be possible to separate them out with an
> awful lot of weaseling and squeezing, but the easy and
> obvious answer is that they were the same person. How
> come two ancestries? Easy. The Saga tells us about his
> parents having died when he was a child. So what would
> have happened to him between then and adulthood?
> Fosterparents. Which lot of parents came first, and
> whether either "father" was present at the conception,
> is another question, but getting him both ancestries
> is easy.

I think most of these questions will be answered by the Grand Argrath Campaign that Greg is working on. That being said, I think that it is worth keeping in mind that not all the source material can be - or should be - reconciled. The existence of mutally contradictory material is part of Glorantha's "realism". Try reconciling sources from the Classical world - many sources disagree or contradict each other, and much of our view of history is based simply upon which source survived (or is more approachable). In short, don't worry so much about the contradictions - instead, embrace the contradictions and enjoy them.

Jeff