Re: Digest Number 49

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_znl91QG9BEP1R9spHTXq0Rms36OangZUdJ9yOh-E1RaMJ40gzUK3IYSUjUoG9>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:22:23 +0000 (GMT)

> >1621 — Whitewall falls. Ashart dies of heat.
>
> I'm not sure I understand the need to go back and
> fit everything together. HeroQuest is a game. If
> Greg publishes something about the world that does
> not fit with your game - so what. No one has not
> destroyed the enjoyment you had.

Oh, for goodness sake, how often do we have to go round this? Because it would be quite nice to be able to use the things that come out, that's why!

> If this line is causing you desperation remember
> that heat injuries are common in cold weather

Yes, yes, we know this, we have many posts saying just that, many of them from me. It does not solve the problem of the weather in the game having been HOT, not cold (you know, based on the existing sources, which we stick to so as not to run into clashes with future products...). Nor the problem that magic since the fall of WW has been working perfectly in the game, and no explanation is given in OiD of how to explain to the PCs that actually it stopped working a while back, and they hadn't noticed.

> But it would be a lot easier to just say this was
> written before Orlanth is Dead :-)

Well of course it was. So what? How does that statement help?

Yahoo! Messenger - with free PC-PC calling and photo sharing. http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com